The Prashanthi Flag symbolises the victory that each one has to achieve over the demonic urges that infect and torment us. As the official insignia of the Organisation this flag is hoisted before the commencement of any event of the Organisation. The flag is a sign that is significant for each and every one in the organisation. It is a reminder of one’s duty to expand his/her heart and assures each one of the Prasanthi (Supreme Inner Peace).
Remember, the flag is a sign that is significant for each and every one of you.
– Sri Sathya Sai – 23 November 1968
- It is a reminder of your duty to yourself,It reminds you to overcome the urge of low desires, of anger and hate when your desires are thwarted;
- It exhorts you to expand your heart so that you embrace all humanity, all life and all creation in its compass;
- It directs you to quieten your impulses and calmly meditate on your own inner reality.
- It assures you that, when you do so, the lotus of your heart will bloom, and from its center will arise the flame of divine vision, which guarantees Prasanthi (infinite peace) to every one of you.