Inspiring children by Empowering Schools
The program aims to supplement and enhance the levels of motivation and learning experience of students of the schools adopted under the program, by leveraging and improving the ecosystem in which the schools operate.
Since a school is more than just a brick and mortar structure, the program takes a more holistic view of the entire ecosystem. Multiple stakeholders aid in constructively shaping the learning environment for the child. Physical activity, cultural programs, value oriented discussions, grama sabhas, sports activities are all leveraged to inspire the child and equip the school.
Impact of Vidya Jyothi
No. Of years
Activities of the program
- Teaching Bal Vikas
- Periodical health check-ups of children and teachers
- Providing Parenting tips
- Providing teaching aids
- Counselling children and teachers
- Soft skill development for teachers
- Supporting children having challenges in studies
- Promotion of arts and music
- Personality development classes for the children
- Creating opportunities for participation in competitions
- Training children with special abilities
- Sports activities
- Providing infrastructure support to the schools by undertaking repairs to the classroom, painting, providing benches, constructing toilets, and drinking water facility etc.