Endowing youth with skills for a brighter future
Improving the economic conditions of the unemployed youth in a particular village and creating areas of self-employment by bridging the gap between skilled and unskilled workers and contributing towards building a better nation.
- Unemployed youth from Sri Sathya Sai Village Integrated Program (SSSVIP) villages and its neighbourhood are trained in multi-skills that are required in the rural areas.
- A by-product of the SSSVIP, the SSSSDP conducts an extensive survey of local areas, with regards to local employment potential and community requirements
- Experienced faculty and well-trained experts in required fields contribute to teaching the youth.
- To enrich participants and improve their potential to make a livelihood, the centres offer a wide variety of skills including electrical, plumbing and mechanical skills, tailoring, Zardosi, Maggam and associated skills like fashion design, Home-care nursing, kitchen and agri-based skills. More recently computer classes and even spoken English classes are being offered.
- The trained youth are then assisted to set up small service centres in their villages, enabling them to gain economic independence
Impact of Sri Sathya Sai Skill Development Programme
No. Of years
- A more empowered rural youth with the necessary skill set, ready to seek gainful employment.
- Reduced urban migration of low-skilled workers, as individuals are empowered and equipped with relevant skills corresponding to local market needs, enabling them to secure local jobs instead of relocating to larger cities in search of employment.
- Diversifying skills and training that women have access to, has begun reversing their low labour force participation.
- Women are provided opportunities and training for monetised employment, leading to tremendous social and economic empowerment not only for themselves but for their families and the country.
- Rural youth are not used to, nor are prepared for regimented training programmes and the work culture required of professionals. Volunteers of the SSSSDP ensure some continued handholding even after trainees join various companies.
- Ability to exploit the scientific and technical knowledge for betterment society
- Help given for equitable sharing of benefits of economic development, to ensure social and economic justice.
- Ability to generate in the youth, love and appreciation for work