Ensuring Purity To Attain Divinity
A nation wide cleanliness drive and awareness program, by the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisations, India, from Gandhi Jayanti, i.e. 2nd October to Avataar Declaration Day of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, i.e. 20th October, with the aim of leading the nation from Cleanliness to Godliness.
SSSVidya Jyothi school
This cleanliness drive conducted over a period of 18 days, is spread over different categories viz.
- Cleaning of public places
- Places of worship of different religions,
- Water sources like lakes, ponds and wells
- Destitute homes
- Old age homes
- Orphanages etc.
Every Samithi in every state chalks out a specific plan of action and works towards keeping the places and surroundings clean.
Impact of Swachhata Se Divyata Tak
No. of Years
- A program supplementing the Nation wide “Swacha Bharat Abhiyan” instills a feeling of duty and responsibility among its citizens
- Planting of trees is central to the program and our volunteers actively organise tree plantation drives across the country with the aim to aid in protecting our environment. The trees provide us with many benefits that include release of oxygen, absorption of harmful gases and purification of air. They also play a pivotal role in preventing soil erosion, maintaining ecological balance and especially in lessening the effects of global warming.
- Apart from tree plantation drives, the volunteers also undertake cleaning of public spaces like gardens, places of worship, etc. which helps spread good vibrations in the community.
- As the whole objective of cleanliness of our surroundings is cleansing our mind the program helps bring about self transformation, purifying the hearts & minds of volunteers.