Sri Sathya Sai Village Integration Program (SSIVIP)
Sri Sathya Sai Baba has been focusing on transformation of villages, for, He has firmly believed and propagated that “Grama Seva is Rama Seva”. Volunteers of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation have been rendering Grama Seva widely in their own inimitable styles with Love and compassion.
It was on the Ugadi Day of 2007, Sri Sathya Sai Baba redefined Grama Seva as SSS VIP -Sri Sathya Sai Village Integrated Programme. In the Last week of August, 2007, an All India Conference was organized by the All India President inviting all the District Presidents and the SSS VIP was unfolded as an holistic Grama Seva model aiming at macroeconomic and micro economic development of the village facilitated by Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation with focus on Family as a Unit of Village. A spectrum of Seva activities identified as 7 Cares., i.e. Spiritual Care, Individual Care, Medical Care, Edu Care, Employment Care, Agri Care, Socio Care were the crux of SSSVIP
Spiritual Care aims at promoting community spiritual practices like Bhajans, Parayans, Gramothsavs etc, inculcating the concepts of “Love All Serve All” and “Help ever, Hurt Never” and empowering the cultural fabric of the village that strengthens ‘togetherness’.
Individual Care aims at
- Promoting literacy
- Creating positive atmosphere while driving away from addictive habits,
- Providing career counseling for youth,
- Educating on personal health and hygiene,
- Developing a Socio-Economic model to involve ladies by providing all raw materials for preparation of Sai Protein.
- Training them to process, prepare, produce and pack Sai Protein,
- Engage everyone in the village towards a positive construct of Attitude, Behaviour and Character.
Medical Care is designed to
- Screen every citizen of the village medically to identify and evaluate the health status of every individual,
- Promote the concept of ‘prevention is better than cure’ by periodical training by seva dal in preventive medicine
- Address the issues of Malnutrition
- Train educated women in midwifery
- Train young men and women in First Aid,
- Plan for a Mobile Medical Unit,
- Organize medical camps based on the complexity of the Illness index
Education Care is a micro educational model gifted by Sri Sathya Sai Baba which aims at transforming lives of everyone by inculcating the eternal human values from early childhood. This is achieved by
- Training the young children through Bal Vikas
- Training the Educated Women and Youth from village to be Bal Vikas Gurus,
- Creating a village library with story books on values,
- Planning for accelerated learning for the benefit of drop-outs in formal education,
- Educating adults in literacy,
- Creating intense awareness on spirituality, values, culture and patriotism.
Employment Care is to train everyone to get empowered economically and lead into self sustenance by,
- Training women and youth in various trades like tailoring, embroidery, making handmade paper, dairy farming, honey collection,
- Training women in making local products like baskets, toys, ornaments, paintings, frames etc.
- Training youth on electrical jobs, plumbing, carpentry, TV/computer/cell Phone Repair
- Training in Security guards considering the local industry requirements may be planned,
- Encouraging formation of Self Help Groups (SHG) to develop and organize ‘The Centre for Integrated Rural Excellence’ for men & women with structured syllabus & permanent faculty to train them,
- Encouraging Rural Entrepreneurship,
- Organizing mini job fairs for skilled & unskilled labour by inviting industrialists to villages where by migration to cities is stopped.
Agri Care is planned to integrate all land based activity like agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry and other land use activities and train the farmers in organic farming and preparation of compost manures. Agricare also aims in promoting additional revenue generation through mushroom cultivation, setting up kitchen gardens, medicinal plant cultivation and training in floriculture. Rain water harvesting is done to help the farmers in saving precious water. Additionally they are also trained in low cost cultivation method by minimising the resources & maximising the output.
- Socio Care is a holistic approach for overall well being of the village. Activities like the following help in improving the social fabric of the villages
- Creating awareness on Health & Hygiene and Sanitation,
- Promoting spirituality in every Religion,
- Organizing sports, games and cultural Events,
- Shramadan (Cleaning) in Mosques, Churches, Temples, aiming to bring about a transformation in entire village.
Technology Integration in Seva Activities and to transform every village as DIGITAL VILLAGE
SSSSO created a Techno group to identify and discover various technological innovations to enhance the life style and economic status in the villages. Feasible Techno Group Initiatives are being adopted in VIP villages. Seva activities are undertaken in the areas of
- Providing healthy drinking water with introduction of Mobile RO Plants
- Micro hydropower,
- Drinking water projects,
- Training of farmers on cultivation practices, organic farming and Biogas power generation,
- Skill set training to the Youth,
- Solar lighting for villages,
- Green House Floriculture.
With the help of Techno Group every village is planned to be transformed into a DIGITAL VILLAGE by Digital Connectivity mapping with self-employment drive, promoting Digital payments, Tele Medicine, net working and such initiatives.
In order to support the SSSVIP program, SSSSO has created Rural Vocational Training Centres (RVTC) across the country and expanding the activities. Disaster Management Training also is being imparted to youth in villages by the teams of SSSSO professionalized in Disaster Management in the areas of Response, Rescue, Relief, and Rehabilitation.
SSS VIP embraced about 1393 Villages in 303 Districts of India and touched the lives of 1,30,000 families on launching of the program in 2007.
In the second phase 1123 villages have been adopted and additionally 1,09,000 families benefitted.
In the third phase, with more intensity 691 modelvillages have been adopted with 83,000 families covered. And from October 20th, 2018, SSSSO has taken up 100 villages across the country to develop and show case to the world as MODEL VILLAGES in three years time.