Aum Sri Sairam
Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation ~ Assam
Sri Sathya Sai Alumni of Assam – dedicating ourselves to Swami’s Mission
‘Sri Sathya Sai Alumni of Assam’ has been formed by the alumni from Assam who have been chosen and immensely blessed by Bhagawan to be a part of Sai Institutions. This dedication to our Divine Mother Sai formally commenced on 15th May, 2016 in the presence of All India President, Sri Nimish Pandya in Guwahati. Since the inception, the Alumni Association has strived to spread Bhagawan’s message by being His instruments in conducting service activities including free Medical Camps, visits to Institutions for people in special need, carrying out spiritual pursuits & Bhajans invoking Swami’s blessings, publication of Annual magazine, Premadhara (an offering to our Swami). We have charted out a vision to undertake Seva activities touching the realms of health, education, culture and spiritual facets. We have come together to merge our beacons into a shining flame to burn at the feet of our Beloved Swami.
For the alumni, each dedication to our Lord has been a self enriching experience, an opportunity to travel back in time to the days spent as the chosen ones at Swami’s Lotus Feet. Swami has infused each one of us in His divine love, He has empowered each hand to serve others, He has guided each heart to follow righteousness. Sri Sathya Sai Alumni of Assam has instilled Swami’s abundant guidance as its foundation, led by the Master Himself. Swami’s words guide us at every step, ‘Engage yourselves in service activity. Consider social service as service to God. This is the best way to earn God’s Love. Love all and serve all. Your entire life will be sanctified thereby.’
SPREADING SAI’S MESSAGE
Seva Activities in 2016
· AUGUST : ENT MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· AUGUST : FLOOD RELIEF MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· SEPTEMBER: CARDIOLOGY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· OCTOBER: GYNAECOLOGY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· DECEMBER: PREMADHARA; 5TH Anniversary celebration of Sai Madhuram Mandir
|Seva Activities in 2017
· JANUARY : OPHTHALMOLOGY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· FEBRUARY : ENDOCRINOLOGY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· MARCH : DERMATOLOGY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· APRIL : PAEDIATRIC MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· MAY : DENTAL MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· JUNE : GASTROENTEROLOGY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· JUNE : SAMARPAN; A Devotional Musical Evening in glory of Bhagawan
· JULY : ORTHOPAEDIC & PHYSIOTHERAPY MEDICAL SERVICE
· AUGUST : FLOOD RELIEF MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· SEPTEMBER : NEUROLOGY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· OCTOBER : TB & PULMONARY DISEASES MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· NOVEMBER : RANGIA MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· DECEMBER : PREMADHARA; 6TH Anniversary celebration of Sai Madhuram Mandir
|Seva Activities in 2018 (till July)
· JANUARY : UROLOGY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP
· FEBRUARY: Visit to DESTINATION HOME ; A Centre for Specially Abled Children
· MARCH: MAHA MRITYUNJAI YAGNA AT SAI MADHURAM MANDIR
· APRIL : MULTIDISCIPLINARY MEDICAL CAMP AT ULUBARI MAHADEV MANDIR
· MAY : SPECIALIZED MEDICAL AND COUNSELLING CAMP at SISHU KALYAN SADAN; An Orphanage
· JUNE: Lighting Of Lamp for Peace and Harmony in remembrance of the unfortunate demise of Late Nilotpal Das and Late Abhijeet Nath
· JULY : MULTIDISCIPLINARY MEDICAL SERVICE CAMP ON DOCTOR’S DAY
· JULY : Visit to parents of Late Nilotpal Das and Late Abhijeet Nath to spread Swami’s love and invoke His blessings
· JULY: SAMARPAN; A Devotional Musical Evening in glory of Bhagawan
The Alumni Association, has conducted two relief camps for flood affected people in interior villages, one in August, 2016 (in Madanbari and Hariapur villages under Manaha Gaon Panchayat, Assam) and the next in August 2017 (in Salmara Paam in Morigaon District, Assam). A team of renowned specialist doctors from Guwahati offered their services at each of the multidisciplinary camp and examined more than 1200 patients including children, elderly people and women who were suffering from numerous health issues due to the devastating floods. The multidisciplinary medical flood relief camps had doctors from numerous specialization including Cardiology, Paediatric, Obstetric & Gynaecology, Medicine, Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dermatology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, PRCA, Dental. The prescribed medicines were distributed to the patients free of cost. Also, crucial health care advise was provided to them by the specialists. Clothes were also distributed to the local population.
We feel truly blessed and humbled by the immense blessing of Swami for making us His channel in Seva Activities. Since 2016, we have offered 14 Free Medical Service Camps, held at Sai Madhuram Mandir, at His Lotus Feet. Besides, 2 Special Medical Camps were organized in Rangia, Assam in November 2017 and the other in Ulubari Mahadev Mandir, Guwahati in April 2018. We are indeed grateful to the renowned Doctors from Guwahati Medical College & Hospital (GMCH), Guwahati and Excelcare Hospitals, Guwahati who have time and again come forward to offer their services at the Medical camps to provide treatment to hundreds of patients.
The Alumni Association has also made efforts to usher Bhagawan’s love on children with special needs. In February 2018, we visited Destination Home, a care centre for more than 100 specially-abled special children and adults. The experience touched each one of us at heart as we struck a special cord with the inmates. In May 2018, we visited Assam Sishu Kalyan Sadan, Jalukbari, Guwahati, an orphanage home for girls. General health check up was done for the children in the center with the specialized team of doctors. The children were also counselled on health, hygiene and safety.
CURRENT OFFICE BEARERS:
President – Sri. Rupak Sharma
Vice President – Smt. Pratima Baruah
Secretary – Dr. Neil Bardoloi
Joint Secretary – Dr. Dina Raja and Sri. Birinchi Rajbangshi
Treasurer _ Sri. Birinchi Rajbangshi
Advisors – Dr. Gokul Das, Sri Satyen Sarma, Sri. Dinesh Raja
Executive Members – Dr. Rajib Duarah, Sri. Sisir Saikia, Dr. Leena Bardoloi Baruah, Dr. Rani Manjula Das, Sri. Partha Borbora
Co-ordinator (Education & Audio Visuals ) – Smt. Shreya Barbara
Media and Public Relations – Sri. Arnab Jyoti Das
The Sri Sathya Sai Alumni of Assam has been blessed with the opportunity to organize the Maha Mrutyunjaya Yagna at Sai Madhuram temple in March 2018. The Yagna was performed by five pandits and the mantras and Vedic chants reverberated the mandir sending positive vibrations all around. The chanting stirred the souls of more than 400 people present for the yagna.
The Alumni Association has also initiated an evening of complete surrender to our Divine Mother, with the musical Satsang, Samarpan. Samarpan is our endeavour to celebrate the most precious moments of our life spent being His chosen ones, immersing ourselves in the madhurasa of the Lord. Samarpan rejuvenates us to march ahead together as we rejoice in Bhajans and Sai Katha. In June 2017, Shri T.V. Hariharan, who has had the immeasurable blessings to be in close proximity with Swami was our invitee. In July 2018, Dr. Pallav Baruah enthralled the gathering by revealing the fortunate moments spent with Swami since 1985, first as a student and later a teacher. He is currently the Head of Department of Mathematics & Computer Science in Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning. We are thankful to Sri Sathya Sai Sadhana Nilayam, Guwahati for their guidance and support in these programs.
June 2018 witnessed a day when two youth from Assam lost their lives in an unfortunate incident. Lighting Of Lamp for Peace and Harmony in remembrance of Late Nilotpal Das and Late Abhijeet Nath was held in Sai Madhuram Mandir. In July 2018, we visited their parents to spread Swami’s love and invoke His blessings as we expressed solidarity with the families and conveyed our condolence messages to the devastated parents.
We are grateful to Sri Dinesh Raja and Smt.Dipa Raja for their support to the Alumni Association in conducting the numerous Medical Camps in Sai Madhuram temple. We operate and conduct all official work from there. Sai Madhuram temple was inaugurated on the 19th December 2011 by Sri V. Srinivasan, the then All India President, Sri Sathya Sai Organisation. Since its inauguration, 19th December is celebrated as the anniversary day of ‘Sai Madhuram’ every year. The celebration is held amidst a large audience to glorify the life and message of Swami among the people. On the 5TH Anniversary celebration of Sai Madhuram Mandir in 2016, Premadhara, was coined as a tribute to Swami’s love for us. We compiled our first magazine, Premadhara as a dedication to our beloved Master. In 2017, we came out with a digital format of our second issue of Premadhara. Swami always says, “My Students are My only property!” and His gems express their gratefulness, fond memories, ‘Sai’ way of life and record our Seva activities through the Premadhara issues.
Each moment spent in Seva activities in His name has been a motivation for us. At every step of our journey, we are guided by His words and we pray to our Mother to give us more and more opportunities to be a part of His mission. Swami has blessed us enormously and has given us the strength to fully absorb ourselves in the bliss of service to society.
Our journey so far has been a road of ‘rediscovering’ ourselves as we have collectively joined hands to live out Swami’s message of Love and Service. We, Sri Sathya Sai Alumni of Assam commit ourselves to –
- continue to hold specialised medical camps in Assam along with free medical distribution. We also aim to continue with free laboratory tests when necessary.
- hold medical camps in interior villages as part of our outreach programme along with free distribution of medicines and to conduct free investigations through our mobile laboratories and procedures.
- extend our services, wherever and whenever required, during natural calamities like earthquake, floods, evacuation drives
- visit educational Institutes to engage with the Youth on issues such as value-centric living, life-style management etc.
- conduct Bhajans, Narayanseva and Spiritual activities
- Spread Swami’s Light and Love in our visits to Old Age Homes , Children’s Orphanages and Hospitals
- Hold Samarpans; forums wherein senior devotees, staff of Bhagawan‘s Institutions or former students are invited to share their memorable experiences with Swami, with the broader community of Sai devotees
- continue to support the Vidya Vahini project where technology is the key enabler to replicate Integral Education- wherein value education is integrated into academics.
The Alumni Association is our humble endeavour to practice all we had promised Him as we left the Divine portals – to serve Society with Love through dedicated service in whatever capacity we could. We pray to be able to keep the Divine light ignited in us, because at Swami’s Institutional planet we were taught that ‘Education in is for life, not merely for a living’. With Swami Lighting our way, we pray to be able to walk the Road He wants us to. Above all, We pray that Swami guides us and makes us His able instruments to continue His Mission of ‘Love All and Serve All’. We dedicate every little act of service as an offering at His Divine Lotus Feet, our Beloved Swami.
Shri Satyen Sharma, State President, SSSSO – Assam
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback & Helpline: email@example.com.
~ Jai Sairam ~